Get Personal And Attentive Legal Representation
How Do I Know If It’s Time To File For Bankruptcy?
Wrestling with a lot of debt over a long time can be exhausting and demoralizing. Many times, people with the best intentions fall further into debt rather than make progress. This may result from a combination of factors, including a long stretch of unemployment, divorce or medical needs that generate a lot of bills.
Bankruptcy is a viable option to eliminate insurmountable debt and help you rebuild your financial life. You may fear that bankruptcy is a credit killer and will force you to leave your home and permanently ruin your credit rating. In truth, taking no action and continuing to dodge creditors while struggling to stay financially afloat is more detrimental to your credit rating than filing for bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy is an effective solution to debt problems, but it is not the only one. We will review your situation carefully and develop a plan that is best suited to your long-term financial health. Call 515-421-9068 to schedule a free consultation.
Signs That Bankruptcy May Be The Right Solution
If you have tried for several months to recover from financial hard times without success, it is time to speak with an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Janssen Law, PLC, in Des Moines has helped thousands of Iowa residents and businesses resolve debt problems and reset their financial lives.
Bankruptcy is intended to help honest debtors get a fresh start, but there is no hard and fast rule as to when a person should file bankruptcy. There are some warning signs as to whether you should consider filing bankruptcy:
- Are you struggling to make rent or mortgage payments?
- Do you have ongoing and mounting debt month to month?
- Are you being harassed by creditors on a regular basis?
- Are you losing sleep or constantly arguing with your spouse because of your debt problems?
- Are you suffering from stress-related health problems?
- Are you considering doing something illegal to fix your debt problem or something that could put your health or the health of your family at risk?
- Have you taken up gambling or drinking?
- Are you constantly applying for new credit cards to take advantage of low balance transfer rates? This may be a sign that you are in over your head in debt.
- Do you have no foreseeable way to repay your debts?
Permanent Solutions Offered In A Nonjudgmental Environment
Financial problems can strike anyone at any time. There is no reason to be ashamed. Attorney Dallas J. Janssen treats every client with respect, and you are assured of working with Dallas from the initial consultation through the resolution of your case. Dallas and the firm’s support staff are responsive and will explain everything in terms that are easy to understand.
Don’t procrastinate any longer. Get an informed answer to your question, “Should I file for bankruptcy?” Call 515-421-9068 or use our online contact form to schedule a free one-hour consultation. We work with clients throughout Polk County and all of central Iowa from our office in Des Moines. Our clients often tell us they learned more during the first 10 minutes speaking with Dallas than they did in much longer meetings with other bankruptcy attorneys.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Have A Legal Matter?
LET US HELP.
Fields marked with an * are required